Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am living the best years of my life

God, I believe, blessed me with that thought on Sunday. I am truly living THE BEST years of my life. Is everything just perfect, is everything EXACTLY the way I want it, is my life where I thought it would be? NO. But I know I am living the best years of my life, right now. I am learning to live in and love the present; life is each day that we live, it is today, not ten years ago or five years in the future. Life is what is happening to me now, not what I am hoping for in the next five or ten years. Life is definitely what I make it, if I don’t like it, I need to make some changes. They might not happen over night, and there are some things we cannot control, but if, at the least, I can always change my attitude toward my life, it will be better. That is one main lesson I have learned THIS year. I can be “livin’ the best of life” or I can live in regret, every day of my life, for the rest of my life.

One of the best changes I made with my life was to give it to the One who has it all in control, the One who loves me (so much) and is concerned about where I am headed. The One who sacrificed HIS LIFE, so I could REALLY live and enjoy mine! (John 10:10) A change into Jesus Christ, that is making a change for the best. I’ve learned a lot with Him and we have been through some rough times, but it has been all good and I love Him a whole lot more than I did ten years ago.

So on my 28th birthday, I know I am in the best years of my life despite:
o Bad decisions I have made in my past
o Situations I wish I could do over
o My current circumstances that I wished I could’ve changed yesterday
o Some painful mistakes and choices
o The dreams and goals for my life that have yet to be fulfilled
o Opportunities lost
o Experiences gained

I have some great things going on in my life:
o Immediate (my mom, dad and sis) and extended family that love me and want what is best for me (even though we may not spend time with each other, as often as we would like)
o A really awesome group of friends that inspire and encourage me to do well and please God (love ya’ll!)
o A church community and fellowship (they are doing some great things and I love to be around them!)
o A job (it pays my bills (needs) – and some of my wants…PTL) my boss and the people are great!! (For my b-day somebody (I think my boss – or hers – still don’t know who) got cupcakes for me and everyone signed a card…they don’t normally do that…I am so thankful!!)
o A reliable car (ahh…the freedom)
o Strength for today (to do what I need to do)
o Hope for tomorrow (I’ve got some exciting plans for my life -- LW!)
o Clothes and food (oh yeah…LOL!!)
o A desire to please God in every aspect of my life and power to live free from sin, everyday (only by the grace of God…)
o Opportunity to be around young people (teens) who challenge and help me fulfill God’s plan for my life (you ALL are just GREAT, I love you all - thanks!)

LW, I hope to continue to keep this mindset, and five years from now, will still be able to say – “I’m living the best years of my life.”

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:12:00 AM , Blogger BASF said...

Tucked away in the middle...

"on my 28th birthday"....

so, is November 25th your birthday???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 
At Monday, December 01, 2008 8:07:00 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, it was the 25th. Thanks! :)

 
At Friday, December 19, 2008 1:56:00 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Oooo!!! Happy Birthday! I think I could have just wrote that. Mine may now have sounded as great (you can get you point across=) but from this year I can just say "DITTO"!! Love you!

 
At Saturday, February 14, 2009 6:30:00 AM , Blogger lhrdst1 said...

I know I am late but happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home