Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life Lived

When I was younger I used to wonder what people really meant when they said they wished they knew what they know now when they were younger. I understand now.

Recently I have been thinking, I wish I knew what I know now 10 years ago. The last 10 years would have turned out so different. But that is not how life is orchestrated. What one has experience in, knowledge of, etc. at 27, one just doesn't have it at 17. My dad used to always tell me (in my teens) that you can't have experience and youth at the same time. So true. I know that, relatively, I am still young, but I have been feeling my age more (that years are just slipping by) in the past 2-3 years.

Well...we learn from our mistakes, experiences, decisions, etc. Despite it all God has been helping me understand (even when I don't always remember it in the midst of the battle) that Rom. 8:28 still is true. One thing I rest in when I think of all the different decisions I would have made (could I live the last 10-15 years of my life over again) is that God is still in control. Salvation provides that rest in God, that no matter what happens, God is still in control and He will work it for my good. I also thank God that the even in the bad decisions that I have made, they haven't been life altering...!! They have been things that I was able to learn from. Thank God!

By the way, I was reading a some of the verses in Ps. 145 today...God is awesome!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 15, 2008 9:22:00 AM , Blogger BASF said...

As much as I might NOW--in retrospect-- regret some of the decisions and choices I have made, I know that if I could go back and do my life over NOT KNOWING what I know now, I'd probably pretty much do everything the same way I did. I didn't do everything like I should have but I got saved early enough that I was at least endeavoring to "work out my salvation".

I've been amazed at how much you can still not get "right" (handle in the best way) just because of being young and inexperienced. Experience really is VALUABLE. One of my most frequent prayers of thanks to God is one of appreciation that He has protected me from myself.

My best advice to young people is: Learn from the experience of others. Their experience can be of great worth to you and save you much heartache and trouble.

 
At Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Liz! This is Joy Parker from Florida!! I wanted to tell you I miss you and I am SAVED and VERY encouraged... Sometimes I get overwhelmed thinking of how God had mercy on me.... He's amazing and I'm so THANKFUL...... :)

I hope you are going to Campmeeting??? Email me or call me!! 386.314.3518

also, joynparker@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home