Sunday, November 02, 2008

In the midst of my storm...

I have been through the storm for the last 13 months like I have never been in before but what has kept me is my love for my Savior, my Lord, my Jesus. The song that has just been staying my heart has been "I LOVE HIM TOO MUCH TO FAIL HIM NOW" One of the verses says
The years have brought me closer and my love for Christ has grown, each step has brought me nearer to my eternal home, you see I'm too close to heaven to turn back now, His grace will be sufficient I've got to make it I vow. (CHORUS) I love Him too much, to fail him now, too much to break my vow, for I promised the Lord that I would make that last mile, and now I love Him too much to fail Him now.
In the midst of my storm God has been so faithful to prove His love for me. There are times, very unusually times, I will just feel the overwhelming love of my savior. It is awesome...today a brother was sharing the scripture in Romans 8:35-37 where Paul talks about what shall separate us from the love of Christ...
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

the last verse says...in ALL these things we ARE more than CONQUERORS through HIM THAT LOVED US...I just felt the love of God...we are only conquerors through Him that LOVES US!! Because HE LOVES ME, I AM MORE than a CONQUEROR!!

Over the summer I was expressing to some sisters how God has just been showing to me, proving to me, just how much He loves me. There is this song titled..."That's Why I Love Him Like I Do" some of the words say...
God saved me from myself when no one else was around, and it was only by His grace, His mercy, His favor cause I know I don't deserve all the love He shows, how He lets me know, He's never going to leave my side...that's why I love Him like I do...somebody told me we overcome by our testimony, but I remember how doubt and fear used to paralyze me, but God's hand brought me through a test and He brought out the very best, and now I'll never forget to tell the whole world what You mean to me...that is why I love Him like I do...

I like this other song..."I Don't Mind" it says...(this is God talking to me)
What can I do, to make you smile again, how can I prove that I've got your best interest at hand, my love for you is more than anything you'll ever know, so if you need me to show, you say it, cause I don't mind...I'll do anything but let you down, can I get a little credit, if you need me to show, say it, I don't mind...question is, where is your faith, haven't I proven myself before, and if the window is closed won't I open the door, cause my love for you is more than anything you'll ever know, so if you need me to show, say it, cause I don't mind.
this song makes me think of Jer. 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Another song has been "I'm in Love with Jesus"...growing up in the COG I would hear saints saying this...I would be skeptical...but going through the midst of my storm of Jesus I am really understanding what it really means to be In Love with Jesus. I love Him so much!! When I feel the overwhelming love of God just flood my heart I just start to cry, so happy to have this type of personal experience with God. He has brought me through many of hard battles, times when I didn't even think I would be able to hold on, times when my faith was weak, times when He just showed Himself strong...I just am so thankful, he showed mercy on me almost 11 years of truly being saved. I am so thankful that even before that, he showed so much mercy on me, He has just proved his love time and time again. Down through the 11 years of my salvation, I have been through some very hard situation, situations where I, of my own self, would have turned back on God, but it has been HIS love that has kept me, in the midst of the storms...it has been HIS faithfulness, HIS kindness, HIS mercy, HIS love, His power that has kept me, that has carried me. I am so undeserving of the love He has shown me, but He has shown it anyhow.

Every time I think about you.
Every time I read about you.
Every time I hear your name I start to smile.
Every time the sun starts shinning.
Every time the wind starts blowing.
Every time I feel your anointing I start to smile.
Let me take the time to say I love you.
Let me take the time to say I care.

I love you Lord
I'm in love with Jesus and He's in Love with me!


I am just sitting here in wonder, in awe of my Jesus, my Lord, my life!

My manner of life from my youth - Acts 26:4
The Lord perserveth all them that love Him - Ps. 145:20
We love Him, because He first loved us - I John 4:19

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 03, 2008 7:10:00 AM , Blogger BASF said...

All that you say is true, and in addition, I can encourage myself by knowing that what I go through is "common" to the saints.

I can look around in the congregation and I "see" the "stories" there. I've seen (the part we see) of what they have gone through and I know much of what I don't see, because of what I go through, and I know that we are an army fighting for a common cause--victory over the devil in EVERY area that he attacks us.

And God sees EACH ONE of us individually and ministers to EACH ONE of us in our own situations.

It's awesome to have One who loves us so much--One Who loves ME so much. God has proven to ME personally that HE IS LOVE.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home