Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Strengthen your heart---

I was reading Ecclesiates 7...verse 3 stood out to me.

Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.


Why would sorrow be better than laughter? The verse states that it makes the heart better. I was reading comentary on it and it stated that "hard" (sorrowful) times strength us. I then thought of a verse in Psalms.

Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.


These really encouraged my heart...though I am in a trial of my faith (sorrowful time) right now, God is just strengthening my heart!! People who GO THROUGH their trials are made stronger by it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:49:00 AM , Blogger BASF said...

Looks like you're doing pretty good at keeping up on that 30 day challenge.

 
At Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:56:00 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank God...almost halfway there. Thanks for reading AND leaving comments...I appreciate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home