Saturday, September 01, 2007

the will of God...

I know it is not true, but sometimes it seems like the will of God is so opposite of what we want. It seems that if I want something, God's will is probably opposite because...well, that's just the way it sometimes seems to work.

Well, I was out to breakfast with my Dad the other day (because some how in the midst of our busy schedules we find time for things like that) and he said something I've never thought of.

God works in us both the WILL and to DO of HIS good pleasure.

Now, I know, I've read that scripture before (many times) and have even meditated on it...Philippians 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. But I don't think it ever struck like it did that day.

There are times when GOD puts in us a will to do something, and it is HIS perfect will for it to be done. He puts the will to do it and helps us to actually do it...now isn't that a blessing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home