Thursday, February 22, 2007

Family in History

With this being Black History month I thought I would put up family who were a part of history.

My great uncle Charles Lear was a part of the golden thirteen. This was the first group of African-American U.S. Navy Officers. This is my maternal grandpa's older brother. Unfortunately I did not ever get to meet him, because he died tragically (sp? does not look right) before I was born. My mom didn't even get to meet him. In the picture below, he is standing farthest right.

Below he is with some of his fellow navy friends - he is again on the right

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 23, 2007 7:33:00 PM , Blogger NumbaSixx said...

tht is so nice!

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:34:00 AM , Blogger bellemj said...

cool..hey where are the pics of our event last sat? i've linked you from my blog! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home