Monday, December 04, 2006

Life

You know I don't have much to say today. As I was reading my last blog I noticed that I didn't put how old I turned. I turned 26...

On Friday after work I was talking to my sister on the phone. I told her that it snowed up here, she was really excited. It wasn't the excited like "I want to be there" but the excited like "it really happened". See it seems like in past years it really doesn't do much snowing (and sticking)until Jan or Feb. But it snowed heavy and it is sticking. Now we are in FRIGID COLD conditions...and it is going to get colder...BRRR. She said it gets "cold" (50s or 60s) down there at night now...hmmm I think I could take some of that "cold" up here.

I am looking forward to the holiday coming up...get TWO days off work this year!! Yahoo! Only one day for New years though...I DO plan, LW, to go to MC fellowship this year, looking forward to it! Maybe God will bless and I will be able to get off Friday!

We have the COG camp dinner coming up!! I am getting pretty excited about it! I hope it ALL works out as planned. We must keep praying. Hopefully some of the old campers will come and we can reminisce about the "old days" Like...

Sleeping in tents around the campfire
Taking a midnight run down to the lakefront (Lake Michigan)
Sitting in Sunday services on the HOT basketball court
Riding he "Blue Goose" or the other bus
Going to ride go carts and bumper boats
Being "on security"
Singing "Bells are Ringing, ringing, ringing and they seem to say, we must work for JESUS..."
Having night hikes
Having water fights -- which usually ended being MORE than just water
Singing pep rallies
Funny closing skits
Just plain, honest to goodness, sincere, clean, great, awesome, all out and out FUN!!

I do truly MISS the days of being a camper...it is not the same (though it is STILL FUN) being a staff. CAMPERS---totally enjoy your days as a camper, don't try to leave them before you have to. There is a temptation to grow up and leave camper age early but it was worth ALL 10 or more years I was a CAMPER at camp (even before COG camp). Well I guess I will finish my spill on camp. I wish I could put up some old pictures up. Saturday I saw some REAL old pictures from camp...Twinkee, Lee Lee and I (someone else was also in the picture) were(running)racing...I think Lee Lee was winning! Good times, good times.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 8:28:00 PM , Blogger NumbaSixx said...

aww i wanna go!! but yall the thro'back campers...the sunshine acre wearing shirt campers..lol. tht should be nice!!!

i still cant get over our "organized" water fight..LOL..ahh fun times..fun times...

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:51:00 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

You had a birthday right?
Hey Girl!! How ya been doing? Have a amazing magnificent rest of the year!! Hows that?

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:52:00 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

and a happy birthday although its over

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home