Friday, December 01, 2006

Holiday, Birthday and Snow

Thanksgiving was wonderful (as it normally is!) I was able to eat most (if not all) of the food I was looking forward to! I am thankful!

I also had a birthday on Saturday the 25th. Another year older, I am thankful for the life God has given me! I am still looking for greater and better things in my future than have been in my past!

So last night it snowed! It's great packing snow too!! Time to get out the sledding gear. Get out the gloves to make the perfect snowballs (I can't throw very well but I like to try!) Time to build snow forts and go ice skating! Well, maybe not the snow forts but I am going to try to do all the other before the season is out! I actually sound like I ENJOY the cold! Maybe only for a little bit...did I REALLY say that!! Ugh..."playing" in th snow and cold is fun for about 30min to 1 hour than there needs to be a change.

Driving in the snow is another thing...I guess I am used to it so I don't really mind it but, it can be treachous. This morning I saw 7 cars in the ditch or off the road. One of them spinned out right in front of me. Thankfully I was far enough away to slow down and watch it without being in danger. It started sliding and hit the guard rail it slid back onto the highway and was able to pull to the side of the road...thank God for His mercy! No other cars were in its path. It rained freezing rain before it snowed so it was slippery...and the visability was bad too. Ahhh...winter in Chicago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home