Sunday, August 05, 2007

SPOILED?

“I don’t think I’m spoiled!…hmmm, but I do remember that time when I was 10…”

Being the youngest (of only two of us), that has been a comment of mine. I was thinking about this in this thought. God does not raise any spiritually spoiled saints. We usually don’t get what WE want when WE want it. And he expects us to have a good attitude about it in the process. According to the dictionary here is what spoiled means:

Spoiled – (WordNEt – online dictionary)
adjective
1. having the character or disposition harmed by pampering or over solicitous attention; "a spoiled child"

I like this definition better:

Spoiled – (Webster’s New World Dictionary)
To let a person have his own way so much that he demands or expects it


I started thinking, Lord, I don’t want to act like a spoiled brat with you. So God doesn’t move in the ways I’ve thought he would, he doesn’t answer prayer specifically like I thought he would. It seems like everything I want (all my desires), he does the opposite. God allows/ordains certain things to happen in a saint’s life, it is according to His will and to this we must submit.

But how am I submitting to it? How do I react when these things happen in my life? Do I “act out” in any way, hurt because God didn’t DO what I thought HE should have DONE, WHEN I thought HE should have done it? Does my belief in Him remain the same? Am I still willing to trust Him the same. Do I pray, read, study and fast (consecrate) like I should (as I was during or before God seemed to start to work). Do I do the known will of God with as much fervor and zeal as before?

Or am I “acting out”. I won’t stay as consecrated as I was because it just doesn’t seem to do any good. Or I won’t stay as committed and faithful as I was to the work of the Lord, because it doesn’t seem to be paying off.

God is still asking the question, “Lovest thou me more than these my child, what will you answer be?” (for real?) “I love thee more, I love thee more than ALL of these, I love thee more, I love thee more, more than these.” OR is it “I love my free time, my ways, my actions, I love my opinion, my lukewarmness, my attitudes more than you, I love them more, I love them more…more than You.”

I guess in all this I am saying that God is going to keep us in a test until HE sees all blemishes are out of us. All “acting out” is gone and we are able and willing to TRULY submit to his will. Say “Amen” and keep on going, believing, though not fully understanding WHY, but wholly trusting in His perfect plan for my life.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 06, 2007 11:23:00 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks for posting that!
it was encouraging!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home