Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

I didn't want this day to pass without stating that we will always remember what happened that fateful day 5 years ago. There are certain things I especially remember about that day in 2001...

I remember...hearing on the radio that morning that it was going to be a beautiful day, a clear day from here to Florida

I remember...being especially excited that day because that weekend I was going to be going to my first campmeeting. I was excited about my trip to TN.

I remember...listening to gospel radio 1390 on the way to work like I normally did. Around 7:45 they had a comedy section. For some reason on that day as they started the funny antidotes I didn't want to hear it and turned off the radio.

I remember...going into work and hearing that the World Trade Center had been "bombed" or something.

I remember...the TV's being on at the job in the conference room and cafeteria. People were either sitting down watching or periodically going to check to see what was happening.

I remember...looking at the coverage not long after the second tower was hit thinking..."those towers are going to fall"

I remember...seeing the great amount of dust, smoke and debris as the first tower fell, thinking "O God show mercy"

I remember...the fear, unrest, sadness that many of us felt that day and many months to follow.

I remember...thinking "this is horrible, why would someone do this to us?"

I remember...thinking we had truly been blessed here in America because some countries face this type of terrorism everyday

I remember...hearing the comments of one particular co-worker in the days that followed "we are going to get them that did this to us"

I remember...feeling that going back and forth killing each other was not going to solve anything. I didn't want to go into war.

I remember...a 7 month pregnant sister in our congregation getting prayer the night before (Sept. 10th) for her body. She wasn't feeling well. She worked downtown Chicago not far from the Sears Tower.

I remember...hearing that the high rises in downtown Chicago were being evacuated and there was a lot of traffic (trains/cars) leaving the downtown area.

I remember...hearing the sister stayed home that day because she still felt sick and God spared her from being downtown during the extra horrible rush of the day.

I remember...thinking about my aunt, who is a stewardess for American Airlines, and hoping she was all right.

I remember...praying that God would just show mercy.

God Bless America. Let's continue to remember our nation in prayer. Remember the families affected, the families of the soldiers at war, the people affected by terrorism everyday, and everyone of their souls.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:32:00 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, woman!! I miss you!! Are you going to be at TN this year? I need to see you! =) We should go to Outback. LOL! Luv ya girl!

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 8:55:00 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes! Lordwilling I will be at Knoxville! I am excited!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home