Friday, February 15, 2008

We Must Pray

It just want to say that it is so so sad about the Northern Illinois shootings. I was talking to a sister yesterday about what happened and only a couple of weeks ago the Lane Bryant shootings (in Tinley Park, IL). I am just so burdened for this world, this society. Doing things because they don't know true love, God's love.

It is so sad.

I feel like it is hitting close to home. For those not from here, Tinley Park is about a 15-20 minute drive (east) from Joliet, saints live near there (one sister said she drives by there on her way to church). Tinley Park in not a bad area but a typical middle class town...it is just so sad.

Then on the heels of that, the Northern shootings, I might feel a little connection there becasue I was born and lived in Dekalb the first (at most) 5 years of my life. (My parents are Alumni of Northern Illinois University).

We must pray, about the terrible catastrophe's we face
Pray for the men who are our leaders of today
Saints of God, we see it's time to pray.

There's a world situation that's affecting every nation of today,
everyone just turns their eyes away, to say,
I have problem's of my own I have to face
We're in God's final judgement hour,
every nation wants its power to be shown,
Every man wants an island of his own
Saints of God we see it's time to pray.


These lyrics are what I remember from the song, "We Must Pray" if ANYONE has all the words, I would love to have them (or hear the song).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home